Wednesday, September 12, 2012

You've got my love to lean on, darling.

I always want to post passive agressive things. But I don't. Because it makes me bitter. And I refuse to be bitter these days. Things are moving and I'm genuinely happy. Here are some reasons.


1. In less than 18 days, I'll be sharing a home with someone I've shared my heart with. I'm excited, to say the least.

2. My job is overwhelming, I am over worked and underpaid and usually unappreciated but I wouldn't do any other job. I love the folks I serve and they challenge me on a daily basis to remain calm and kind and never judge a person by their circumstance. My coworkers push me to exceed even my own expectations. My volunteers remind me that grace is essential in every day.

3. Live on The Green has started. Tripp and I used as our go-to when we first started dating.

4. The weather is is cooling and that means boots, cardigans, (more) hot coffee, spiced things and warm pumpkins flavors, and all of my favorite colors.

5. I've dyed my hair bright red again, but with henna this time. It feels right for fall.

6. I am surrounded by amazing people, and even when the ones I least expected seem to have forgotten I exist at all, there are the right ones close by to remind me that I do.

7. Tripp and I have a "song". You've probably heard it if you've been anywhere near me in the last 8 weeks or so. It's sweet.

8. I love. I am loved. You are loved.

9. You are beautiful. Sometimes I get the funny itch in the back of my throat or my pants feel to tight or I wonder if I just was I little bit less, than maybe difficult things might not be so much, I remember that is not the case. I am beautiful, too.

10. Tomorrow is new.

1 comment: