Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I've started taking the bus more often recently as a ride I had suddenly stopped. It stopped after I defended a friend and semi-went off on another friend who was being rude. I stopped the rides. I made the choice to give said friend some space in hopes that our working together would somehow become slightly more comfortable and maybe the tension would ease. said friend will still not speak to me at all. and it's really beginning to hurt my head and heart. Capricorns may be set in their ways and unable to change their mind once a decision is made. But dammit, we're faithful too. I am not going to apologize for doing something that wasn't wrong.

Either way, I've enjoyed my bus rides in the morning. Sure, they take longer, and it costs me $2 and I always have to make sure that I have cash, and sometimes the bus is early and sometimes it is late and it's not ever quite as convenient as one would hope. But there's something beautiful about sitting on a seat in the sunshine and having your favorite song come on and taking a sip of your coffee and knowing that today is new, and that endless possibilities await you when you allow them to just happen naturally. Knowing that regardless of what the world hands to you, or has planned for you, or how the universe shifts and nothing ever goes according to plan, that at the end of the day, you know. You know that your heart is safe, and that it is held ever so gently and that it is understood. That's perhaps the most wonderful feeling is to be understood. To be understood out of love.

And then another great song comes on shuffle, and you resist the urge to do a victory dance in front of your fellow bus riders, cause you know that no matter what happens, you're going to own that shit.

1 comment: