Sunday, March 24, 2013



2 years, and 1 month difference.
I am recovered. I do not have aversions to certain foods, I do not panic when I eat certain foods. I do not panic when I don't know the calorie content of a dish. I do not panic when I have to go out to eat with friends at a restaurant who's nutrition info is not available on their website. I do not weight myself compulsively when I wake, when I pee, when I shower, when I poop, when I eat, when I don't eat, when I go to bed, when I change clothes, when I get off work, before I go to work, after I drink my coffee, or before I drink my water. I do not weigh myself because I feel like my body is expanding with every passing second. I keep my scale at the top of my closet underneath a pile of jeans that are folded up because they don't fit me anymore. I've pulled it out maybe twice in the 7 months that Tripp and I have lived together. I do not obsess. I cook for pleasure, and aesthetics. I cook to serve others. I cook to bless Tripp and care for him. I cook because I enjoy it. I cook because my body craves nourishing food that I know what goes into preparing it, and I'm trying to put good things in it.

But lets face it. This weight is too heavy for my 5'4 frame. It's making me achey. It's making it so that I can't sleep at night. It's making me sluggish. It's making me feel bad, physically.

So now to make lifestyle changes and not fall into the lies of crash dieting.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and am so very, very, very, very proud of you.
    It's pretty amazing, this journey we both struggled through. This struggle that we've both beat.

    Here's to recovery and health and love. We both deserve it. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're such an inspiration, amy :)

    ReplyDelete